Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Photography Changes Everything"

Can you imagine a world without photos? Think of the moments in our lives that would get lost if not captured in the frame of camera! Do you ever find yourself reminiscing about your childhood only to come to the realization that your mind no longer has "visual memories" except for those images captured on a photo and if not for that photo, would that memory be "blurry", lacking the detail to make the moment vibrant, or worse yet, would that memory be completely lost? Photography is a powerful medium that changes everything!

Today I begin my journey of exploring photography as a medium and delving into the amazing differences it makes in our lives and in our families and in our world!

I found a website that I found very interesting. It explores six different areas of how photography changes our lives.. . .Who We Are, What We Do, What We See, Where We Go, What We Want, and What We Remember.

Please check this website out. .. . I think you will find it sheds a whole new light on the difference that photography makes in our lives.

http://click.si.edu/Contribute.aspx

Kelly :)



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelly, this is so cool. I haven't even met Lexi and I can already tell that she is full of energy, fun, obviously loves to shop and is beautiful! This jogged my memory of pictures taken during my childhood in the 40s and 50s. For one thing, there aren't many spontaneous pictures to be found and, for those that are, the pictures were taken from a distance; anything closer would be blurred. The pictures taken professionally at that time were posed and solemn, so it was difficult to determine what anyone was thinking, except maybe, "Let's get this over with so we can get out of these dorky clothes." With photography having advanced so dramatically during the past 60 years, it makes me wonder what we will be viewing 60 years hence, because we all know it will continue to change. Great job, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - this is fab! I can't wait to see what else you add!! I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete